Sunday, June 21, 2009

Spring Reading Thing, 2009, Wrap Up

Katrina at Callapidder Days was the host for Spring Reading Thing, 2009. Many lovers of reading were facilitated by Katrina's organized set-up of Mr. Linky. I appreciate her efforts. Here are her questions with my answers.

Did you finish reading all the books on your spring reading list?

I completed everything on my list as well as everything that came my way. Since I review books, my reading schedule is somewhat preset and quite intense. I love to read, so that is no problem for me. Each book I read, I review and all of my reviews can be found at Book Critiques, on the sidebar of my book blog.

What was your favorite book you read this spring? Why?

Salty Like Blood by Harry Kraus, M.D. was such a good read that I stated in my review: "What a great novel this is; it may be my all-time favorite!" Please click to read my many reasons for holding this book in such a high regard.

Did you discover a new author or genre this spring? Did you love them? Not love them?

Obviously, I'd like to read anything Harry Kraus has written or will write. Ooo, I loved that book!

In addition, I've read quite a few other new authors and will enjoy reading them again.

What was your favorite thing about the challenge?

I loved watching my list of books grow and grow, I enjoyed linking in my reviews with other readers, and I love the pretty little button that I get to keep in my sidebar!

Here's my completed list:

1. A Vote of Confidence by Robin Lee Hatcher
2. Salty Like Blood by Harry Kraus, M.D.
3. The Marriage Turnaround by Mitch Temple
4. Enduring Justice by Amy Wallace
5. Fatal Illusions by Adam Blumer
6. The House in Grosvenor Square by Linore Rose Burkard
7. Angel of Wrath by Bill Myers
8. My Son, John by Kathi Macias
9. Deadlock by Robert Liparulo
10. Nothing But Trouble: A PJ Sugar Novel by Susan May Warren
11. Unquiet Bones by Mel Starr
12. If Tomorrow Never Comes by Marlo Schalesky
13. New York Debut (Carter House Girls, Book 6) by Melody Carlson
14. How Can I Run A Tight Ship When I'm Surrounded by Loose Cannons? by Kathi Macias
15. Always Watching by Brandilyn and Amberly Collins
16. Blood Bayou by Karen Young
17. The Moment Between by Nicole Baart
18. The Real Enemy by Kathy Herman
19. A Sister's Secret by Wanda E. Brunstetter
20. I'll Make You an Offer You Can't Refuse by Michae Franzese
21. The Voice by Bill Myers
22. Enduring Justice by Amy Wallace
23. Gardenias for Breakfast by Robin Jones Gunn
24. Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein
25. Bobbi Brown Living Beauty by Bobbi Brown
26. How Not to Look Old by Charla Krupp
27. According to Their Deeds by Paul Robertson
28. The Note II: Taking a Chance on Love by Angela Elwell Hunt
29. Ruby Unscripted by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma
30. Lucy's Perfect Summer by Nancy Rue
31. Jillian Dare by Melanie M. Jeschke
32. Right on the Money by Pat Robertson
33. The G-Free Diet by Elisabeth Hasselbeck
34. Success Kills: Sidestep the Snares that Will Steal Your Dreams by Wayde Goodall
35. Face of Betrayal by Lis Wiehl with April Henry
36. The Ghostwriter by Travis Thrasher
37. A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman
38. Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Anne Dayton & May Vanderbilt
39. You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Allison Bottke
40. Talking to the Dead by Bonnie Grove
41. The Shepherd's Fall by Wanda Dyson
42. Morningsong by Shelly Beach
FINISHED!

8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Wow, you read a lot of books! I'm very impressed and I need to seek out Salt like Blood. Congratulations on finishing the challenge!

Beth F said...

Congrats. YOu read a ton of books this spring.

Unknown said...

Great job! Feels good to cross them all of your list, huh? It was a fun challenge, hope to see you in the Fall. :)

Katrina said...

Wow - awesome job! I think I'm going to have to pick up Salty Like Blood -- looks good!

Thanks for being part of Spring Reading Thing '09!

Nise' said...

Great job! I've got Salty Like Blood on my stack to read.

Mimi N said...

You did an awesome job! That list was fantastic. You're not kidding when you say your schedule is intense! Congrats.

Just Mom said...

Wow - great job on the challenge. I didn't recognize many from you list - I'm about two years behind!

Robin M said...

Great job, sal. You have quite a few books on your list I want to read. Glad you enjoyed the challenge.