Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lip Reading by Harry Kraus, MD

She Could Save Millions, or Save Herself

She just needs a little longer. She's really close. Dr. Rebecca Jackson, a medical researcher, stands on the verge of a breakthrough that will transform medicine.

But she soon discovers the reason behind the miraculous progress in her research, and it leaves her with a nearly impossible choice . . . and little time to decide. More than her research is at stake. And more threatens it than this latest revelation. Something she's tried hard to cover up. There is a high cost to some things in medicine and it's not always the patient who pays.

Can Rebecca find the faith and wisdom she needs to make the right call? The clock is ticking and the pressure is on.


My Review:
I enjoyed this medical research novel about Dr. Rebecca Jackson's work in creating artificial blood. If she succeeds, so many can be helped. Imagine, AIDS would no long be a concern with transfusions. But what a price she must pay! Although I find myself agreeing with Becca, I doubt my ability to stick to this decision.

Harry Kraus knows how to grab the reader's attention. I quickly connected to the protagonist. The other characters are small-town friendly people and easy to like. Noah keeps a secret better than most. Mel is a study in patience.

I liked the romantic tension between Becca and Noah. On again, off again. I can't say more without spoiling it for others.

The ending is unexpected, but I must admit, it made good sense.

Thank you to Bonnie at Christian Fiction Blog Alliance and David C. Cook for my copy.

If you would like to read the first chapter, click here.

If you would like to buy a copy, click here.

No comments: