Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Treasury of Miracles for Women: True Stories of God's Presence Today by Karen Kingsbury

Few things are as powerful as the love of a woman for those others in her life. Love is enduring, forgiving, understanding and unending. So often, it is the one certainty in our lives, as is the love God has for His children--a thousand times over.

This is a collection of poignant and true stories about ordinary women touched in extraordinary ways. Within its insightful pages are unexplained miracles, answers to prayer and angelic encounters--all of them centered around women--women who are sisters, mothers, daughters and friends. Whether it is through the gentle nudge of maternal conviction or the true sacrifice of self, each story in this extraordinary treasury reveals that God is at work in our lives. Each one reminds us how precious and close to heaven is the heart of a woman and that, even as we love, so we are loved.





My Review:
Fifteen short stories about critical times in the lives of women are contained between the covers of this 162 page book. Keep the tissues handy. A must read for all Kingsbury fans. 

2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

This looks terrific. I'm definitely adding it to my Goodreads list!

Musings of A Minister said...

I am absolutely thrilled to know that I will be receiving Steven Baldwin's new book. I just laid down a new book I am reading, Guard Us, Guide Us by J.I. Packer & Carolyn Nystrom. It is excellent! Thank you so much for this wonderful gift. I am blessed. Clifton Ditmore, 5617 East Marilyn Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85254.