Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chasing Sunsets by Eva Marie Everson

A Cedar Key Novel
Sometimes you get a second chance at your first love.

Kimberly Tucker's life hasn't turned out the way she thought it would. A divorced mother of two, Kim resents her ex-husband for moving on with his life and living it up while she struggles to understand what went wrong. When her sons end up spending five weeks of summer vacation with their father, Kim's own father suggests a respite in the family vacation home on tiny Cedar Key Island. As Kim revisits her childhood memories and loves, she soon discovers that treasures in life are often buried, and mistakes--both past and present--become redeemable in God's hand.

Readers will be swept away to an island retreat where they walk alongside Kim as she discovers that God's answers may not come easily, but they do come.


My Review:
Here's your summer read! Although I live in Florida, I've never been to Cedar Key. However, after reading this delightful book, I feel as if I've just spent a pleasurable vacation there.

I truly enjoyed this contemporary novel. The plot is told in pieces using flashbacks. I like putting the pieces together to form a whole. The characters are well-formed, and the reader will not want to put this book down.

Something to watch for, however, immediately following the end of this story, which concludes on page 368 is a brief introduction on pages 369-373 to the author’s next book, titled Seeking Sunrise, which tells Patsy’s story. This caught me by surprise and at first confused me. I mention it so that you won't be confused.

Thank you to Donna Hausler at Baker Publishing Group for my copy.

Available June, 2011, at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

1 comment:

Eva Marie Everson said...

Come to Cedar Key this weekend Sally! I'm signing books at Kona Joe's!

Also, if you are interested, go to Facebook and "LIKE" the book's page:
Eva Marie Everson's Cedar Key Novels.

Thank you for your kind words!

Eva