Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Lawyer’s Lawyer by James Sheehan

Jack Tobin, the main character of THE MAYOR OF LEXINGTON AVENUE returns in this non-stop novel that combines enthralling plot twists with some of the best courtroom fiction being written today.

Tobin, known as the lawyer's lawyer--the guy the best lawyers say they'd want to represent them in a courtroom battle--undertakes the representation of a serial killer who he believes to be innocent. The Chief of Police is outraged, the citizens of Oakville where the murders occurred, erupt, and the State Attorney is out for blood as Jack challenges the criminal justice system once again.

Sheehan masterfully weaves stories of love and friendship into one man's uncompromising search for truth within the four corners of a courtroom where it is often spoken about but seldom seen. Jack is in a fight for his life and the outcome is in doubt right up to the turn of the final page.

A trial lawyer himself, James Sheehan is also a top-notch thriller writer. Once again he succeeds in translating the depth of his courtroom knowledge into an entertaining and truly fascinating read.


My Review:
I finished this compelling book in one day. I simply could not put it down. The protagonist, Jack Tobin, has made enough money to retire, so he takes cases of wrongly convicted people on death row. He works for no fee with a drive to bring justice to the criminal system.

I enjoyed Jack's friendship with Henry, a former death row prisoner set free through Jack's efforts. Henry literally owes his life to Jack and becomes a devoted employee. The twosome is hard to beat.

There are twists and turns that surprise. I really enjoyed this thriller.

Contains profanity.

Thank you to Sarah Reck at Center Street for my copy.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love books that keep me turning the pages like that!

Nise' said...

I've had my eye on this book and am deciding between reading it or listening on audio. Glad you enjoyed it.