Thursday, March 19, 2015

Really Woolly Nighttime Lullabies by Bonnie Rickner Jensen, illustrated by Donna Chapman

Sweet bedtime lullabies and prayers . . . just before you turn out the light.

A case-bound padded board book from the Really Woolly® brand gives children sweet lullabies to help them fall asleep. Little ones will love the charming Really Woolly illustrations, engaging verse, and Scripture from the International Children’s Bible® that allow them to drift off in sweet dreams, knowing they are loved and safe. Prayer starters also encourage children to end their day talking to God.

Other books in the series regularly appear on bestseller lists and have sold more than 850,000 copies.

Really Woolly products by DaySpring® include cards, videos, and gift and are Dayspring’s bestselling children’s brand.


My Review:
This is the ideal before-bedtime book to read to a little one. Although the suggested age is 2 - 5 years, I think that an infant would enjoy seeing the colorful pages while the rhythmic verses are read aloud. (I began reading to my children and to my grandchildren when they were babes in arms.)

My favorite verse is titled, Who? because it reminds me of William Blake's The Lamb. It assures the reader/listener that God will hear our prayer and watch over us. What a treasure for every child!

The cover of the padded board book is an eye-catcher with a sweet lamb in a hammock reading to a yellow duck and a fuzzy bunny. The book is just the right size (5 x 7) for little hands to hold.

Thank you to BookLook and DaySpring for my copy.

No comments: