Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Not About Me by Michelle Sutton

Annie has it all. She’s attractive, graduated with honors, was accepted at the college of her choice, has supportive parents, good friends, and a steady boyfriend who loves her. The focus of her life is to please everyone and not make any waves. Her reputation means everything to her.

But one night Annie’s safe world is shattered. As she fights to put the pieces of her broken life back together, against her will she is caught in a war between two brothers, both of whom claim to have her best interests at heart.

Who will Annie choose? And will she finally come to know the One whose love will never fail, even in her darkest hour? Will she learn the truth about life - that it’s not about “me”?


My Review:
I couldn't sleep, so I grabbed this book that I won in a giveaway. It had just come in the mail that afternoon. I read until 3:30. Bleary eyed, I collapsed into bed, slept for a couple of hours, woke up and drank some coffee, and picked it back up. It's a real page turner! By the end of chapter one, I was hooked.

In this edgy Christian fiction novel, topics not usually touched on are thoroughly covered. When Annie and her mother talk about sex, it's realistic. Conversations like this are sticky in real life, so I imagine they're difficult to put on paper, but this author manages. Other topics: church attendance, gossip, alcohol, premarital sex, and abortion, are taken on in such a way as to bring honor to the cause of Christ.

This is a good one for teens to read. I'm passing it along to my granddaughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once my book is complete, I would love for you to reviewit. Do you review childrens picture books? God Bless yaaaa!