Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Finding Marie (Frasier Island, Book 2) by Susan Page Davis

Marie Belanger, a naval lieutenant’s wife, unexpectedly finds a computer flash drive in her carry–on luggage at the airport. Moments later the woman she had been sitting with on the plane from Tokyo is murdered. Suddenly her journey from San Francisco to her home in Maine becomes a nightmare as Marie is forced to run for her life.

Her husband, Lt. Pierre Belanger, contacts his best friend, Lt. Commander George Hudson, and together they set out on a search for Marie that spans the country. As hard as they try, they seem to stay one step behind their enemies, who are just one step behind Marie.


My Review:
As soon as I began reading, I knew I was in for a treat. This exciting suspense novel kept me turning pages long after my tired eyes screamed for me to stop. I completed the 400-page novel in two days! I resented the need for sleep!

The dialogue is done so well. The French chef's syntax is "spot on."

This is the second in the series. It can be read it without reading the first one, Frasier Island and is a stand-alone novel. However, the beauty of reading a series in order is that the characters are already known. I loved Pierre before I opened the book, and I had heard about Marie, who is his perfect match. I can't wait for the third Inside Story. To buy a copy, click here but be prepared to lose some sleep!



1 comment:

Clair said...

I guess I will have to look for this book. Our book club read the first one back in September.