Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2009 Christian Readers Challenge & Read and Review Challenge

In addition to participating in the reading challenge that Michelle at 1 More Chapter is hosting, which I posted about here, and the challenge Read Your Own Books, hosted by Miz B, which I posted about here, I've decided to participate in yet three more reading challenges. They seem to be doable for me as they all allow overlapping.

My Two Blessings is hosting The Winter Reading Challenge which runs from December 21st, 2008 through March 20, 2009.

The rules are very flexible:

1) Choose any number of books you would like to read and post them on your blog.
2) They can be fiction and/or nonfiction including e-books and audiobooks
3) They can overlap with other challenges.
4) Sign up on Mr. Linky.

My goal for this challenge will be two books per week, which totals twenty-six.

Miz B is hosting a Christian Readers Challenge.

This challenge asks you to:

* create a list of Christian books that you’d like to read
* titles can be fiction, nonfiction, or a mixture of both
* read these between January 1st - April 30th, 2009
* overlaps with other challenges ARE allowed
* eBooks and Audiobooks ARE allowed




Here's my list:

1. Red, White, and Blue by Laura Hayden
2. The Perfect Match by Susan May Warren
3. Kiss by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy
4. Sweetwater Gap by Denise Hunter
5. Gatekeepers by Robert Liparulo
6. Scrapping Plans by Rebeca Seitz
7. She's in a Better Place by Angela Hunt
8. Age before Beauty by Virginia Smith
9. Against All Odds by Irene Hannon
10. A Cry in the Night by Coleen Coble
11. Tender Grace by Jackina Stark
12. Daniel's Den by Brandt Dodson
13. God Is My Coach by Larry Julian
14. For Couples Only by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn

Miz B is also hosting the 2009 Read & Review Challenge. The rules are similar to those above. You need to:

* review each book you read between January 1st and December 31st, 2009
* Keep your reviews clean and respectful
* reviews can be as short, or long, as you wish
* you MAY overlap with other challenges
* eBooks and Audiobooks ARE allowed

This should be a snap for me as I already review everything I read. I plan to keep my reading challenge updates on Sally's Reading Challenges and my reviews will be kept at this location in two sidebar listings: author and title.

For more details, click on any of the links above.

No comments: