Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Stranded (Alaskan Courage #3) by Dani Pettrey

Alaskan Courage Series #3

When Her Friend Goes Missing, Every Minute Counts!


Darcy St. James returns to Alaska to join a journalist friend undercover on the trail of a big story. But when Darcy arrives, she finds her friend has disappeared. Troubled by the cruise ship's vague explanation, Darcy uses her cover as a travel reporter to investigate further.

The last person Gage McKenna expects to see during his summer aboard a cruise ship leading adventure excursions is Darcy. And in typical Darcy fashion, she's digging up more trouble.

He'd love to just forget her--but something won't let him. And he can't help but worry about her as they are heading into more remote regions of Alaska and eventually into foreign waters. Something sinister is going on, and the deeper they push, the more Gage fears they've only discovered the tip of the iceberg.


My Review:
I did not read the first two titles in this series, and I think I'd have liked this Christian fiction better if I had. The author worked hard to fill in gaps for readers like me, but still there were times I had to shrug my shoulders and press on with the reading. I suppose it's difficult with a large cast of characters to fill in the background of everyone involved.

The main character, Darcy, is hard to admire because she falls for so many obvious ploys in this novel about cruise ship crime. I could not understand how she and her romantic interest, Gage, could be so blind to the dangers around them.

Obviously, this is not one of my favorites. Perhaps you'll feel differently.

Thank you to Noelle Buss at Bethany House Publishers for my copy.

1 comment:

Nise' said...

I read and liked the first two books, so will most likely enjoy this book more than you did.