Thursday, November 27, 2008
Booking Through Thursday - Thankful
Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S. Global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.
So–just for today–how about sharing seven things that you’re thankful for?
This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.
So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.
1. My Lord, Jesus.
2. My husband, Johnny. We celebrated 50 years of marriage this past July.
3. My children, Debi and Allen and their spouses. (They both have happy marriages.)
4. My grandchildren: Lauren, Brittany, Caeli, Zachary, Jenna, Ara, and Pierce.
5. My freedom. Included in that would be the fact that I live in America--in the beautiful state of Florida.
6. My abilities to hear, see, feel, smell, and touch.
7. My ability to read, think, and play with this computer. (Included in that thought is my Blogging Buddies--YOU!)
What are you thankful for?